The View of Islam about the Christ pbuh (peace be upon him) in contrast of the doctrine professed by Christians. The main difference is on the issue the divinity of Christ, which in the manuscripts of the Koran and the Arabic language called Isa al-Masih.
The word ‘Isa,’ it is estimated derived from Aramaic, Eesaa or Eesho. Prophet Isa get a degree from Allah The Almighty with the title Ruhollah and Kalimatullah. Because, Christ was created in the word of Allah “Be!”, Then creates Christ, whereas title Ruhollah, that is the spirit of God, because Christ immediately was created God by blowing soul into Maryam’s womb.
Christ the son of Maryam, (son of Maryam, because he has not father) in the religion of Islam, occupy a very important position, and is one of ulul azmi. Ulul Azmi meaning “primary” or “who has the courage,” and the honor title to Prophet Abraham, Prophet Moses, Prophet Noah, Christand Prophet Muhammad pbuh. The fifth prophet able faces so many trials and sufferings in straightened the religion of Allah, and they can be patient and be istiqomah Meanwhile word ‘ulul azmi’ mentioned in the Koran sura Al Ahqaaf verse 35 :
“Therefore patiently persevere, as did (all) apostles of inflexible purpose; and be in no haste about the (Unbelievers). On the Day that they see the (Punishment) promised them, (it will be) as if they had not tarried more than an hour in a single day. (Thine but) to proclaim the Message: but shall any be destroyed except those who transgress?”.
In this verse of the koran is described that the prophets which are classified ulul ‘azmi is a very special position. Christ who received tasks repair moral of the children of Israel in Palestinian areas, get up the test is very unusual. Teachings of the Christ, gain almighty rejection of the children of Israel and the Romans.
Mary is the mother of Christ. Islam believe the virginity of Mary though she has a son, Christ. She is an expert service and always visited by Gabriel. At one point, Gabriel said to Mary that, God Almighty will give a son to Mary. She was surprised, because she was a holy virgin, and how she can get pregnant without a husband?. How the responses of the children of Israel after to know Mary gave birth to her son without lawful husband?. In the turmoil, Gabriel came and to calm the heart of Mary. Gabriel said that in this case is an easy matter for Allah, a wish making mary as a sign and mercy to human being from Allah. Just as in the creation of Adam and Eve without a mother and a father.
The koran telling miracles of the birth of Christ as a son of Mary without a father in Koran Sura Ali Imran verse 45:
“Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.”
The verses of the koran which explained miracles of the birth of Christ among others:
“The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: “Be”. And he was. (Ali Imran ayat 59)”
“Or have they taken (for worship) gods from the earth who can raise (the dead)?.” (QS Al Anbiyaa’ ayat 21).
Once Mary began to conceive a baby, Christ, she then in exile from her family to a place to the east. There, she childbirth and the rest near a palm tree. Christ then to speak ordered his mother from the cradle to rock tree to take the fruits of fall. And also to eliminate the fear of Mary from the surrounding environment the accused Maryam adultery, then Mary pointed to her son was born, then Christ replied:
“He said: “I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet; And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live. “(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable; “ (Maryam: 30-32)”
Some important notes of Christ in Islam (The koran and the Hadith):
1. The genealogy of Christ connected from Abraham through his son, Isaac, where the Prophet Muhammad also derived from the descendants of his brother, Ismael.
2. Christ was not a dissenter, but he is one of the prophets who belong in ulul azmi, namely the prophets and the messenger of Allah, who have high status / privilege along with Muhammad, Abraham, Moses and Noah.
3. Christ is not a God or a son of God, but only a messenger of God, who sent specifically to the Children of Israel.
4. Christ is not a God or a son of God, but rather one man who was appointed to be a prophet and a messenger of Allah as also any other prophets who is sent to each his people.
“Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, ‘worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord’; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things.” (Al-maeda :117)
5. The birth of Christ there was miraculously without a biological father, the power of God. His mother named Mary is a holy girl, and always closer to Allah.
6. Christ have some miracle the power of God. In addition to his birth, he is able to speak when he was only a few days, he spoke and defended his mother from the accusation of adultery. In the koan also told when he turned the deadman, heal blindness and leprosy.
7. Christ receive revelation from God, is the Gospel, it is estimated in Hebrew, however not the gospel which is owned by Christians today because it has changed from original version.
8. Christ does not killed or crucified, God made it looks like it is to deceive his enemies, the children of Israel. There are several opinions which said that one of his enemies of the children of Israel, which was likened by him, whereas Christ himself raised straight to heaven, and his enemy who was likened to earlier is the one who was crucified.
“That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not” (Annisa 4:157)
“Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise” (An-nisa:158)
9. Christ still alive and was in heaven, one day he will come back to earth to fight the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) and is one of the signs near the end of time. Dajjal (Anti-Christ) are the people who think jesus is god then ordered and worship jesus as a god (maybe Paul now).
10. Christ is not a human sin, Islam refused loudly the concept of a derivative of sin and embrace the concept that every human being responsible, and just will be tried for her own actions.